Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 07, 2012

So

with the exception of one family whose address I got tonight and three cousins whose address I need to get, I have all my holiday cards in the mail. With the exception of one person, I have all the presents and they're wrapped. Not too bad for someone who is gimpy and tends to procrastinate. One year I went shopping on Christmas Eve. :) And I'm doing a little better than in past years in terms of making my bills, so even though I didn't spend a lot, it was a lot better than the year I gave all my friends small Laboradorite marbles (essentially, rocks) that were pretty, and I think my mom and grandmother got a couple of things I had around the house, some pretty wooden boxes. I know the thought is supposed to count, but that was almost worse than not giving anything at all. (Although at least one friend still has his rock.) :) So this year I'm thankful for that, and that I'm alive to do it. Happy Chanukah. Good Yule. Merry Christmas. Happy Kwanzaa, and all the rest. And here's to a wonderful new year, with all it may bring.

No comments: