Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I've been in a funk the last couple of days

They say the holidays can be depressing. I had a quiet Christmas, talking to my mom and grandmother on the phone and watching lots of 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Doctor Who: the Snowmen'. Today I stayed in bed again till almost noon despite going to bed by 11 last night. When I came out to get something to eat, I realised I hadn't refilled my pill holder and that I had not taken my medication since Sunday, so that may be a good portion of it. So I filled it up and took the ones for today. Hopefully that will kick in.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. I hope I can return to work soon. That's part of the issue, though, anxiety over whether I'm ready and the idea of getting back into the normal routine I've had a break from for eleven weeks now. I think I'll do fine. No one's going to expect me to do cartwheels, after all, and I do have a sedentary job. I'm looking forward to being back, to see everyone, and to have plenty to occupy me. I'm sure it will be fine, really.

No comments: