Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, December 10, 2012

I woke up

After sleeping for about three hours. The reason I am writing is that I had two interwoven, detailed and vibrant dreams involving returning to work and also seeing someone hit and killed by a car. The latter, I know, has to do with a local news story where a woman was fatally struck by a fire truck downtown the other night. Coming a short time after my own accident, I suspect it's weighing on my mind because things could have been much worse for me. I am not saying it's been a picnic, but I could have died. I could have had a head injury, or at least some other horrible injury. The ankle and foot are bad enough.

I don't want to have you think it's all about me. It's just it hit home just how lucky I was. I'm so sorry to hear she died. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this woman. I know one friend was terribly bothered that her body lay on the ground in the rain for three hours while they investigated. I guess I see the body as just a shell after death, so it wasn't a great concern to me. But it might pain her family, and I would think somehow they could have marked the position, even in the rain, for that time.

No comments: