Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 15, 2012

I was in the bedroom

and thought I heard the doorbell. I had put up a modified note (neglecting to say that I have a broken ankle, but to ring the doorbell and wait a few moments, that I was home). I struggled out there as quickly as I could, got to the door, and nothing, but when I checked my mailbox, there was my package. So the good thing is they delivered it without needing a signature, after all. And it was just a box of cheques, so while extra precautions that it not get lost were important, it fit in my little lock box. Yay, a package that didn't get sent back! I checked the tracking and it now has updated that it's in Lexington, having gone to the sorting area, but not showing it as delivered. Ah, Christmastime, the craziest time at the post office.

This is the first time I have had cheques from my bank since they took over my old one. My old ones have been mapping to the new account. I write them so rarely, mainly to the bank itself to withdraw money, that my old ones lasted years. So it's kind of nice to have a blank register, and deposit slips, and not have to look my account up on a little card that I've been carrying all this time. These have antique maps on them; not quite as cool as the Whelan's Dragons (from the Dragonriders of Pern) I had at the credit union, but still. It is slightly annoying that my cheques are free if I get single ones but because I got duplicates, with the shipping it was $34. These will probably last me the next five years, but at least now I have the right account printed and can shop around next time.

No comments: