Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 07, 2012

I really hope we can vote this guy out of office next time

But it was nice to see him with some egg on his face:

McConnell move on debt ceiling backfires
The political posturing, and theater, related to the fiscal cliff continued Thursday as Senate leaders squared off over whether to make it harder for Congress to block future increases in the debt ceiling.

At issue was a move by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and meant to put Democrats in a tough spot, that backfired. McConnell pushed for a vote on an idea he first proposed last year as part of the debt ceiling standoff.
Turns out he wound up having to filibuster his own proposal because Senate Majority Leader Reid moved to take the proposal at a 51-majority vote, confident he had enough support to do so in the Senate.

I am embarrassed as a Kentuckian that I have Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul as senators. I certainly didn't vote for them. I hope the Dems can get a viable candidate (and I'm not sure that's Ashley Judd) in who can give Mitch a run for his money. As past campaigns have declared, it's time to 'Ditch Mitch'.

What I want in office are people who are less concerned with political posturing and more concerned with what's best for the people--all the people--of this nation. I'm not entirely sure either party has the ticket to that, but the Democrats seem to be more in touch with the country than the Republicans, for now, in my opinion.

No comments: